So you are about to embark on having a lifeline screening. This is an important medical procedure. It can be life-changing and life-saving. But, how should you prepare? This all depends on the type of screening you are receiving. When you register for your screening, you will receive a set of specific instructions on how to prepare. The best methods are those laid out explicitly by your medical examiner. It is highly important that you follow those instructions very closely to avoid any complications in your exam. This will ensure you get the most accurate results possible.
Some lifeline screenings require you to wear loose fitting or unrestrictive clothing. Possibly even short sleeves. There are a few screenings which will require you to fast prior to the screening. This is very important to avoid any sickness or nausea. Examples of necessary preparation follow:
• No pantyhose for women
• Refrain from wearing watches, necklaces, or other metal jewelry
• Do not apply lotion or other oils prior to your exam
• Wear comfortable clothing that consists of two pieces and is loose fitting
• Turn your cell phone off
Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm
• It is very important that you fast for four hours prior to your exam. Anything that you eat outside of the four hour time period should be light and non-gas-inducing
• Be sure to take care of your diabetic needs if you are a diabetic
• Take your medication, if any, prior to the exam
• Wear comfortable, loose fitting clothing
Typically, your screening will take a little over an hour. Your doctor will be patient and careful to consider your needs. You will be comfortable the entire time. Please remember to account for several minutes before your exam that we will need to process your paperwork. We respect your schedule and will do our best to accommodate your timeframe and get you in and out.
The equipment we use in our techniques is the same as is used in hospitals around the country. We take pride in our state of the art equipment. The utensils will be sterilized and your comfort and safety are our first priority. We evaluate our equipment on a regular basis and ensure that we are consistently ahead of industry standards. We use the most advanced technology possible.
When you are coming in for a lifeline screening, it is a delicate time. We take the time ensure you will be at ease and well taken care of.
For more information about Lifeline Screening, visit dialdish.com